What are cookies?
Cookies are small strings of text that are stored on your computer when you visit certain internet web pages.
To visit the erosblu.com, cookies need to be enabled. If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can in any case browse the website and use it for research. In most browsers, cookies are enabled; information is given at the foot of this disclosure on how to alter your browser's cookies settings
Cookies do not damage your device. The cookies we generate do not store any personal identification data such as, for example, credit card details; rather we use encrypted data collected by them to improve your website experience. For example, they help us identify and solve errors or choose certain relevant related products to show to the visitor during browsing.
We provide you this information as an integral part of our initiative aimed at ensuring complete compliance with recent legislation and to assure you of our honesty and transparency with regards to your privacy when you use our website. We are working on further improvements to privacy and cookies in relation to our website.
More information can be found about cookies from the websites:
www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies can have different functions, for example to enable you to browse the various pages effectively, remembering your preferences and, in general, can improve the user experience.
These cookies are essential to allow you to move around the website and use its functions, such as, for example, to access reserved areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services requested such as shopping basket or e-billing cannot be supplied.
The cookies that are strictly necessary are used to save a single identifier in order to manage and identify the user as unique with respect to all other users visiting the website at that time, in order to provide the user with a coherent, precise service.
Some examples include:
• remembering previous actions (e.g. text entered) during browsing backwards to a previous page of the same session;
• managing and transferring security tokens to different services within a website to identify visitor status (e.g. registered or unregistered);
• maintenance of tokens for the implementation of reserved areas of the website;
• directing clients towards specific versions/applications of a service, as may be necessary during technical migration.
These cookies can be of Erosblu or partner websites, session or permanent and their use is limited to the performance and improvement of the website. These cookies collect data on how a visitor uses the website, such as, for example, the pages visited. These cookies do not collect any data that can identify the user. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated in anonymous form and used purely to improve site function.
Some examples include:
• web analytics, the data collected is limited to the use of the website by the operator only, to manage website performance and structure. These cookies can be third party cookies but the information will be used exclusively by those dealing with the publication of the website visited;
• tracking of affiliates by partners of Erosblu - cookies are introduced by the partners and used by the latter only to know if the user coming from another website has purchased a product or service on the Erosblu;
• error management - measurement of errors recorded on the website, generally speaking this function will bring about an improvement in the services or management of complaints and is generally closely linked to web analytics;
• testing different structures of the website pages - tests on structural changes, generally using A/B or multi-variable tests, to ensure that in the current and subsequent sessions, a coherent look is retained for the user of the website.
These cookies may be of Erosblu or partners with session or permanent duration. These cookies are generally the consequence of a user action, but can also be implemented in the supply of a service not explicitly requested, but offered to the user. They may also be used to avoid the user being repeatedly offered a service that he has been offered previously and refused. Moreover, these cookies enable the website to recall user choices (e.g. username, language, country of origin, etc.). The data collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot trace the user's behaviour on other websites.
Some examples include:
• remembering the settings applied by a user to a website such as, for example, layout, font size, preferences, colour, etc.;
• remembering a choice in order that no repeated requests are made to complete a questionnaire;
• detecting if a service has already been offered, such as, for example, the offer of a tutorial for subsequent visits to the website;
• supplying information in order to enable the function of an optional service such as, for example, the offer of a live chat session;
• compliance with a user request such as, for example, presentation of a comment.
Third party cookies for marketing/retargeting
These cookies are used by partners of Erosblu in order to present you with the advertising banners of Erosblu when you are on other websites, showing you the most recent products you looked at on the Erosblu . Whilst you browse the Erosblu, these cookies are also used to show you products that may interest you or which are similar to those you looked at previously, based on your browsing history. Use of these cookies does not imply the processing of personal data, but can enable the connection to your computer or to other devices and trace data that has been saved: these cookies connect to the browser installed on your computer or on other devices used to browse our website.
How can I disable cookies?
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can also choose not to accept them. We recommend not disabling this function as it may prevent you from moving freely from one page to the next and making use of all the website's options.
If you do not wish your computer to receive and save cookies, you can change the security settings of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc.). In any case, please note that some parts of our website can only be used to the full if your browser accepts cookies; if not, you will not be able to add products to your basket and buy them (for example). Consequently, your choice to remove and not accept cookies may have a negative effect on your experience with our website.
If you wish to change the settings of your cookies, by altering the settings of the various browsers, below are some brief instructions on how to do so for the four most commonly-used browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on the 'Tools' icon in the top right-hand corner and select 'Internet Options'. Select 'Privacy' from the pop-up window. Here you can adjust your cookies settings.
Click on the spanner icon in the top right-hand corner and select 'Settings'. At this point, select 'Under the hood' and change the 'Privacy' settings.
From the drop-down menu in the top left-hand corner, select 'Options'. Select 'Privacy' from the pop-up window. Here you can adjust your cookies settings.
From the drop-down settings menu in the top right-hand corner, select 'Preferences'. Select 'Security'; here you can adjust your cookies settings.
To find out more about cookies and how to manage or disable those of third parties or marketing/retargeting, visit www.youronlinechoices.com.
To disable analytical cookies and prevent Google Analytics from collecting data on your browsing, you can download the add-on component of your browser to deactivate Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.